Sometimes I’m torn between a Pottery Barn House and a house that someone could walk into and say, yeah, this is Alison’s house. I’ve been really inspired this week to kick it up a notch in our house, step out of my comfort zones, and just DO what I am inspired to do. Whether it’s painting a bold color on the wall, or adding a punch of color to the back of our built in bookshelves. I’m going for it. What do I have to lose? We have no immediate plans to sell our house – and really, if you can’t enjoy your home, what’s the point. The rooms that are really bothersome to me right now are the living/dining room and our bedroom. My goal is to really kick it up a notch in those spaces to make our house feel more like our home. Here’s my list so far:
- Paint our bedroom (Navy Blue — maybe just an accent wall to start) My inspiration for this comes from the picture below from West Elm.
- Paint the Craigslist Dresser I just bought for $50 to look something like this dresser from (my new favorite blog) A Little Glass Box
- Try out painting Bella’s room this plum color to look something like this nursery at Lay Baby Lay.
- Paint the wood trim in our living/dining room white (gasp!)
- Paint our dingy refrigerator with chalk board paint. Because why not? It’s old, it’s dingy (evidence below) and I think it will be a fun place for Bella to doodle while we are making dinner! Here are some Pinterest pics I found of painted fridges…
And since we have leftover grout from our bathroom tiling project, I should be able to whip up my own chalkboard paint using the combo below for next to no cost. This will probably be the most iffy change, but if you saw our fridge, you’d agree that we have nothing to lose on this one!
1 Cup Paint – any color
2 Tablespoons unsanded grout
Have a GREAT weekend – I’m going to be BUSY, BUSY, BUSY with all my inspirations!